April 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the latest issue of FRANCE Magazine, we visit Normandy and the sites that inspired the great Impressionists, drive the famous Le Mans circuit in a classic car and unearth the history surrounding the world-famous Roquefort cheese.
Impressions of Normandy
We enter the enchanting world of Claude Monet and his fellow artists on a tour of the sites of Normandy which inspired the world-famous Impressionist movement. Highlights include the towering cliffs of Étretat which featured in countless Monet paintings, Le Havre, the setting for Monet’s iconic Impression, Soleil Levant and other works by Renoir, Manet and Sisley, the picture-perfect port of Honfleur, Rouen and Monet’s house and beautiful gardens in Giverny.
Where to stay… to break up the journey
This month’s accommodation feature centres on great places to stay in France to break up the journey. Whether you’re looking for a place to crash near to the ferry port, or an overnight stay before catching the train or a plane, we have a great selection of hotels to make the trip more relaxing.
A cycling odyssey
In this colourful, full-length feature we experience a ride along France’s Atlantic coast through the eyes of caricaturists Simon and Sheba Cassini, who brought their entertaining journey south towards Biarritz through a series of entertaining illustrations. We also provide you with great recommendations for a cycle trip of your very own.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Plus, we go on an epic cycle tour through France, trace the life of literary genius Oscar Wilde and take to the waves in surfing capital Biarritz. We also suss out the best recipes from the French Riviera and chat to actress and best-selling author Carol Drinkwater about her new book and love of France.
Buy the April issue of FRANCE Magazine here.