April 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the latest issue of FRANCE Magazine, we visit Normandy and the sites that inspired the great Impressionists, drive the famous Le Mans circuit in a classic car and unearth the history surrounding the world-famous Roquefort cheese.
Impressions of Normandy
We enter the enchanting world of Claude Monet and his fellow artists on a tour of the sites of Normandy which inspired the world-famous Impressionist movement. Highlights include the towering cliffs of Étretat which featured in countless Monet paintings, Le Havre, the setting for Monet’s iconic Impression, Soleil Levant and other works by Renoir, Manet and Sisley, the picture-perfect port of Honfleur, Rouen and Monet’s house and beautiful gardens in Giverny.
Where to stay… to break up the journey
This month’s accommodation feature centres on great places to stay in France to break up the journey. Whether you’re looking for a place to crash near to the ferry port, or an overnight stay before catching the train or a plane, we have a great selection of hotels to make the trip more relaxing.
A cycling odyssey
In this colourful, full-length feature we experience a ride along France’s Atlantic coast through the eyes of caricaturists Simon and Sheba Cassini, who brought their entertaining journey south towards Biarritz through a series of entertaining illustrations. We also provide you with great recommendations for a cycle trip of your very own.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Book Competition: Win a copy of Fresh Water for Flowers by Valérie Perrin
- 10 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
Plus, we go on an epic cycle tour through France, trace the life of literary genius Oscar Wilde and take to the waves in surfing capital Biarritz. We also suss out the best recipes from the French Riviera and chat to actress and best-selling author Carol Drinkwater about her new book and love of France.
Buy the April issue of FRANCE Magazine here.