The man behind the Paris we know and love...here are 10 things we learnt in the November issue of French Property News (now including Living France!)
PUBLISHED: 17:31 13 October 2020 | UPDATED: 17:31 13 October 2020
Expert advice, location guides, real life stories - this month we’ve brought you more great French Property News articles, and reveal our brand new Living France section!
What a month it’s been! This year we’ve been sad to see Living France magazine leave the Complete France portfolio, but fear not, because you can still read your favourite Living France content, in French Property News! In addition to the usual FPN articles there’s now an added Living France section, which covers all you need to know about living and working in France. Readers of Living France will recognise Ian Moore and Laura Harley’s brilliant columns, Paola Westbeek’s delicious recipes and Catharine Higginson’s essential guides, as well as gardening tips, inspiring stories, a look at some of the best places to live in France, and more. And, if you’re a new reader, we hope you love discovering Living France. So, here’s what we learnt in this month’s issue...
1. The trails through France to Santiago de Compostela have been walked by pilgrims for centuries. Find out which beautiful destinations they pass through, on page 22.
2. Buying a home near a popular annual event could guarantee you a beautiful setting and some extra cash, as we find out on page 26.
3. In 1850, Napoleon started an ambitious plan to transform Paris, enlisting the help of one Georges-Eugène Haussmann. Learn about the iconic architecture Haussmann created, on page 30.
4. We hear how a family who had just established a luxury B&B in a French château dealt with the curveball of Covid-19, on page 36.
5. Warm but not stifling, mountainous but manageable, Tarn has much to offer househunters, we discover on page 40.
6. A property manager explains how 2020 has thrown a spanner in the works for second home owners, on page 54.
7. Come househunting in the film locations immortalised by James Bond, the spy who loved France, on page 58.
8. Learn how to choose the best French will for you and spare your heirs a headache, on page 66.
9. From unspoilt scenery to gastronomic delights and perfect properties, find out why you should live in Lot, on page 88.
10. Discover how a UK couple turned a Dordogne château into a luxury wedding venue, on page 96.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France you can buy the November issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
on the cover: a beautiful maison de maitre and gîte for sale in Charente with Leggett Immobilier