How to run a snail farm...and 7 other things we learned in the July issue of French Property News
PUBLISHED: 09:56 12 June 2019
What’s happening to house prices in the French countryside? How can you cut your pension tax bill? Why should you speak French faster? The answers are all in the July 2019 edition of French Property News, out now!
1. Rural house price inflation in France kept pace with UK house price growth last year - but a typical home in the French countryside remains almost €100,000 cheaper than the average UK home. Find out more news and analysis from page 8 onwards
2. Want to buy a home near a family-friendly cycle path? Check out the interactive map on af3v.org, which shows France's network of traffic-free greenways. Discover some of the cycle routes in areas popular with British buyers on page 26.
3. Lockhouses along the 8,500km or so of navigable rivers and canals in France are being rented out as homes and businesses. Find out how you could make one of these lovely waterside properties home on page 34.
4. Many buildings in Marseille were originally constructed using boat masts for beams. The city may not be Provence's poshest place but it is rich in history and culture as you'll find out on page 38.
5. Whether you want goats to keep the weeds down in your vineyard or have grand plans for a snail farm, there's a project for you in the French agricultural sector. We explore some of the opportunities available on page 52.
6. Be less formal, contract your verbs and speak faster even if you make mistakes! That's how to sound more French according to our frank insider's guide on page 64.
7. Garden bonfires are strictly forbidden in France and you could be fined €450 if you have a Guy Fawkes party without permission. Read our guide to garden etiquette and rules on page 74
8. Using flexi-access drawdown as a French resident may cut your pension tax bill. Get the lowdown from the experts on page 80.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the July 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: A beautifully restored character property or sale in Lot with Leggett Immobilier.