WIN! A return ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Caen
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a return ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Caen with Brittany Ferries and Portsmouth International Port
If you’re old enough to remember 1976, then you’ll know just how much life has changed since the first passenger ferry sailed from Portsmouth International Port forty years ago. What hasn’t altered though is the easy access and great choice of routes to France from Britain’s Best Connected Port.
This summer Portsmouth International Port is focused on two big celebrations. The landmark 40th anniversary sees staff looking back at the Port’s humble origins, and forward to an exciting future. There’s also an important milestone for Brittany Ferries - the 30th anniversary of the Portsmouth to Caen service, its most popular route.
To celebrate France Magazine has teamed up with Portsmouth International Port and Brittany Ferries to give you the chance to get to Caen for free. We are giving away a return crossing with a car and up to 4 people worth £500.
Every year almost a million passengers cross to Caen from Portsmouth International Port with Brittany Ferries, accounting for 38% of all the company’s passengers and more than half of its freight traffic. The route makes perfect sense for holidaymakers - the French motorway network is easily accessed from Caen and provides a fast route to Paris, the Loire and Southern France.
The advent of the cruise-ferry has encouraged impressive growth in Brittany Ferries passenger numbers, offering a hassle free and relaxing start to a holiday on the continent. And the route between Portsmouth and Caen is now even ‘greener’ than ever before. The cruise-ferries Mont St Michel and Normandie have recently had special equipment fitted to cut sulphur emissions.
Brittany Ferries frequent travellers from Portsmouth International Port need little reminder of the benefits of ferry travel to France from the Waterfront City. Situated right on the motorway network, there’s easy access to Portsmouth International Port from London and beyond. The airport style terminal offers quality refreshments, shops and travel services and, of course, great views of one of the country’s busiest harbours.
There are no airport style queues though. The biggest benefit for holidaymakers is being able to pack just what they want in the car, with no restrictions on the amount of bags or how much the luggage weighs. Instead of hiring a vehicle on the other side of the channel, motorists can relax driving in their own car - safe in the knowledge they’re saving money too.
Prize details: Family of 4 and car and 4-berth cabin each way
Terms and conditions:
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
• crossings cannot be taken in peak season – July and August and all school holiday periods
• Subject to availability
• Insurance is not included
• Not transferable
• No monetary value
• Valid for travel to 31 December 2017
• Closing date: July 8th, 2016