WIN a family cookery class in Charente!
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win an afternoon cookery class for a family of four at Come Cook in France in Charente
Food writer and stylist Louise Pickford moved to France in 2013 with her husband Ian Wallace, a food and lifestyle photographer. She has recently launched Come Cook in France, running cookery courses from her kitchen in Charente. Read more about Louise and Ian’s life in Charente in the August issue of Living France, on sale 5 July.
“This is very much about using fantastic French produce to cook whatever I think makes the most of the ingredients,” says Louise. “That’s what I really like about living here – the amount of really good produce, and the amount of foraging. I went to the market this morning and bought some strawberries, and I can’t remember the last time I had a strawberry that tasted so much like a strawberry should taste. It’s all about seasonality and simplicity – cooking simple dishes with the best quality ingredients.”
We’re offering one family of four the chance to have an afternoon cookery class with Louise in Charente! In a half-day family cook club class Louise teaches the children to make afternoon tea while mum and dad relax in the garden or in the pool and then get to eat the afternoon tea their children have prepared. Click here to enter!
Terms and conditions:
The closing date is 2 August 2017
One winner will be selected at random from all correct entries after the closing date. The winner will be notified by email.
The afternoon cookery class will run from 2pm-5pm at Louise’s home in Aignes et Puyperoux, about 25 minutes south of Angoulême.
Date to be arranged directly with Louise, subject to availability
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
The prize does not include travel, transfers or accommodation, or any other expenses
The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.