WIN! A copy of The Little French Guesthouse
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a copy of The Little French Guesthouse by Helen Pollard
“Could not put down this fabulous book, peppered with humour and characters you can relate to. A wonderful, laugh out loud summer read. One to share with friends and recommend to strangers.” – Renita D’Silva
Sun, croissants and fine wine. Nothing can spoil the perfect holiday. Or can it? When Emmy Jamieson arrives at rural French guesthouse La Cour des Roses, she can’t wait to spend two weeks relaxing and repairing her relationship with boyfriend Nathan – but they’ve barely unpacked before he scarpers with Gloria, the guesthouse owner’s wife.
Owner Rupert is shell-shocked and, feeling somewhat responsible and rather generous after a bottle of wine, heartbroken Emmy offers to help him. Changing sheets in the gîtes will surely help keep her mind off her misery. Thrust into the heart of the local community, Emmy suddenly finds herself surrounded by new friends and welcome distractions. Should she leave her old life behind and take a chance on a place she fell for on holiday?
Fans of Jenny Colgan will want to join Emmy for a glass of wine as the sun sets on the terrace at La Cour des Roses. Warm, poignant and very satisfying, Pollard’s book will have you salivating at vivid descriptions and laughing out loud at quick-witted repartee. Writing with flair and fluidity, Pollard has created a page-turningly good summer read that provides instant Gallic escapism.
We have 3 copies of The Little French Guesthouse to give away. Click here to enter the competition.
The Little French Guesthouse, Helen Pollard, RRP £12.99, Bookouture, ISBN 978-1-447285793
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow