WIN! A copy of France: The Essential Guide for Car Enthusiasts
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a copy of Julian Parish’s France for Car Enthusiasts
“Car clubs are the lifeblood of the classic car movement in France, and there has been a massive growth in shows and city-centre drives across the country over the past decade. There’s an increasing range of activities for admirers of upcoming classics, or if your preference is for pre-war racers, you can choose from touring rallies to lavish concours d’élégance.”
With such a wealth of dramatic scenery and thousands of miles of well-maintained roads winding through it, France is an obvious choice for the petrolhead – and discovering the country by road is a joyous pursuit. This comprehensive guide offers no less than 200 ideas for places to see and events to participate in, from the internationally renowned Paris Rétromobile and Monaco Grand Prix to smaller shows, fairs and rallies across the country.
Chapters are organised into areas of France – Île-de-France, the west, east, north-east, south, and central including the Alps – and each is divided into well-considered sections. According to the author, many of France’s provincial museums have exceptional collections that are unjustly overlooked, so these are given a major focus – and there’s a marketplace section, containing details on auction houses, automobilia specialists and parts fairs. A closing section to each chapter presents a selection of circuits where track days and driving experiences are available.
Having lived in France for nearly 20 years, author Julian Parish is a passionate Francophile and has been an active member of clubs dedicated to MG and to the Ford Mustang, with which he first visited many of the places described in this guide.
We have five copies of France: The Essential Guide for Car Enthusiasts to give away.
To enter the competition, click here.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn