Why a manoir could be the dream French property you’ve been looking for...and 10 other things we learnt in the February issue of French Property News (plus Living France)!
- Credit: Archant
How do you go about starting a small business in France? What are the laws around renovating your French property? Why is Finistère such a special place to live? The answers are all in the February issue of French Property News, out now!
1. With all the history and grandeur of a château but on a slightly smaller scale, manoirs make magnificent homes and businesses, as we find out on page 22.
2. We all know that Paris is thought of as the global capital of love, but there are plenty of other wonderfully romantic locations across France. Visit some of them on page 26.
3. Ever wanted to go back to basics? We speak to a travel writer who did exactly that by purchasing an off-grid cabin in France. Read about it on page 30.
4. Settling down in France is a dream for many, but it helps to hear of others who have already successfully done it. We speak to five Brits who aren’t looking back, on page 28.
5. Need an income when you move to France? Starting a small business with a difference can be an exciting option, we learn on page 42.
6. If golfing is your passion, why not choose a home near one of France’s fantastic courses? We’ve rounded up our favourite properties near golf courses on page 46.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
7. Luminous vineyards, half-timbered villages and medieval castles – for all this and more look no further than Alsace, which we head to on page 52.
8. If you are planning to carry out building work in France, you need to stay on the right side of the law, says our legal expert on page 68.
9. Conveniently close to the UK, Finistère offers a beguiling mix of coast, country and culture. We discover the department, speak to Brits who have moved there, and take a look at some of the best properties on offer, on page 86.
10. We may not have been able to head to the slopes this winter, but you can still take a look around a stunning chalet, and read about the huge task of renovating it, on page 96.
11. Choosing a mutuelle top-up policy can be confusing for expats unused to the French system. Read our guide to the maze that is French healthcare, on page 104.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France, take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: a beautiful farmhouse in the centre of Tarn’s golden triangle on the market with Leggett