The April 2017 issue of FRANCE Magazine is out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the April 2017 issue of FRANCE Magazine, we go on a wild ride through Haute-Provence, learn to dance swing by the Mediterranean and experience Paris like a local
Discover Haute-Provence by the back door
Veteran France explorer Judy Armstrong heads to the Col de Larche high pass on the Italian border to begin an epic journey through the mountains and valleys that dominate this remote yet beautiful area of France. Her amazing journey sees her cycle for 300 miles across difficult terrain where highlights include encounters with shepherds herding their flocks of sheep, a trek past the impressive Fort de Tournoux - known as the military Versailles – and a visit to a distillery far away from anywhere specialising in its own juniper- flavoured digestifs.
Learn to dance in Occitanie
Freelance writer Elise Rana Hopper dusts off her dancing shoes and heads to the tiny fishing port of Le Barcarès in southern France for a summer like no other – a three-week stay at the Studio Hop Summer Camp. Elise along with other dancing aficionados is tasked to learn a different swing style each week and for most nights will find herself sliding and spinning across the dance floor as a six-piece band blasts out rhythms that will keep her heart rate definitely pumping. Bon courage!
Where to stay on your wedding day
This month we bring you places to stay for your big day. Whether you want a big white wedding in a 16th-century château or a small gathering in a hotel by the sea, we show you the best places to make memories that will last a lifetime.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 3 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
Live like a local
French Property News staff writer Sophie Gardner-Roberts returns to Paris to discover the city through residents’ eyes, an experience made possible thanks to online platforms such as BonAppetour, Vizeat and Voulez-Vous Dîner. Through this online social dining platform Sophie and her sister spend dinner with a Venezuelan family, who have been resident in Paris for more than ten years and provide valuable insight into Parisian life as well as tips on places to go to get off the tourist trail.
Plus, we tour the Basque coast by campervan, take a tour of French cinema history and suss out the best places to eat in Poitiers