Photos: French ski season is off to a great start
- Credit: Archant
Skiers have been hitting the slopes in France and we are jealous of their pictures
Ski season is off to a good start in France. Bookings in ski accommodation over the Christmas period were up three percentage points with 70% occupancy Christmas 2019 compared to 67% Christmas 2018, according to Association Nationale des Maires des Stations de Montagne. The forecasted figures for January 2020 also show an increase in occupancy compared to last season and this is expected to be especially so in the stations with the highest altitude.
There have certainly been lots of skiers sharing their pictures of fresh powder and stunning views at the French ski resorts on Instagram and it looks fantastic…
A beautiful morning sky to wake up to in Val Thorens
What an absolutely stunning ski lift view!
Still some greenery showing through in St-Gervais
Go high enough and you can be level with the clouds
That's a steep slope!
Eeny meeny tiny chalets
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 5 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 6 Can I disinherit my children?
- 7 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 8 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 9 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
This looks like a cosy restaurant
The ski lift journey is a good time to contemplate the existing tracks in the snow
When in Les Gets, stop and take in the view
Dream conditions at Belle Plagne
Plenty of people at les Arcs on Christmas morning
Lac de Tignes looks so calm and peaceful
And what an incredible ethereal sunset view in Avoriaz
You might also like