How to make your château fantasy a reality… and 7 other things we learnt in the September issue of French Property News
- Credit: Archant
How do you become an artist in France? What are the best ways to get to know your French neighbours? Why should you set up a business in France this year? The answers are all in the September 2019 edition of French Property News, out now!
1. With the relaxed joie de vivre being the main reason people want to move to France, it's unsurprising that many expat artists set up studios there. Find out how to create a French studio and register yourself as an artist, on page 26.
2. Market lowdown: they may have Brexit-bruised budgets, but Brits can still get a lot for their money in France. We discover why people are as keen to buy as ever and get some expert guidance, on page 30.
3. We head to colourful Collioure, the Jewel of the Côte Verneille, to find out why it would make a truly inspiring location for a property search, on page 34.
4. For most people, the dream of owning a château is mere escapism. Discover how careful planning and location knowledge can bring that dream to life, on page 38.
5. In the second part in a series on applying for French citizenship, we learn how completing the necessary paperwork comes with its fair share of trials and tribulations, on page 48.
6. Finding the perfect French property is one thing, but settling into your new community can feel like another challenge. One couple shares their tips for making friends and building a life in Deux-Sèvres, on page 70.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Can I disinherit my children?
- 8 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
- 9 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
7. 2019 could be your year, as changes in tax and aid make it easier to start a new enterprise in France. Find out more on page 78.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the September 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: A beautiful row of cottages for sale in Corrèze with Leggett Immobilier.