Property pick: villa in Provence
- Credit: Archant
Our property pick this week is this elegant villa in Provence with an infinity pool
Var, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
€795,000 for a private sale
Now that we’re firmly in the chilly grasp of December, the idea of life under a warm winter sun in the south of France is more than appealing – especially if it involves this villa property in Provence.
Located near the pretty village of Fayence, the villa is a 50-minute drive from Nice airport, making it close enough for friends and family to visit for the weekend, but far away enough from the big city to feel like your own countryside corner of France.
The property has four bedrooms – three of them en-suite, so no morning waiting around for the bathroom when guests are in situ – and a light airy reception area, spread out over two lounges. The first has a vast log fireplace, perfect for the odd occasion when the temperature drops, while the second opens up onto the terrace outside.
And what an outside it is; beyond the swimming pool (an infinity version, bien sûr), there’s an elegant gazebo for apéritif opportunities aplenty, while further along there’s a summer kitchen complete with barbecue area, and a self-contained annexe with a double bed. If, like me, the idea of maintaining the landscaped grounds seems overwhelming, rest assured that there’s an automatic garden watering system in place, while the property’s mains drainage means that there’s no septic tank to worry about.
- 1 French househunters dream of moving to sunny Nouvelle Aquitaine – just like Brits!
- 2 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 3 7 reasons to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Rural house price growth outpaces cities for the first time in France
- 6 Heart of town: Lovely French properties for sale in popular town centre locations
- 7 What’s the cheapest way to pass on a French property to our children while we’re still alive?
- 8 Bag a bargain: Affordable alternatives to France’s most desirable property locations
- 9 Menton Lemons to Mirabelle plums: French fruit and where it grows
- 10 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
Finally, as the price has recently been dropped from €895,000 to €795,000 for a private sale without agency fees, there’s even more reason to leave the cold behind. Now, where did I put my sun cream…