How to know how much land you need...and 7 other things we learnt in the May issue of French Property News, out now!
- Credit: Archant
How is Coronavirus affecting the French property market? How much do properties cost in France’s most popular departments? What are the two types of property tax you need to know about? The answers are all in the May issue of French Property News, out now!
1. The coronavirus pandemic has signalled a halt in life as we know it, but that doesn’t mean the property market has ground to a standstill. Find out how agents are handling the new measures, in our market report on page 22.
2. Dordogne, Charente, Manche and Morbihan. What do they all have in common? They’re the most-searched for departments by Brits! Find out how property prices compare across these four most popular departments, on page 26.
3. Land is cheap and plentiful in France, so many buyers aim for as many acres as they can get for their budget. But how much land do you really need? Find out on page 30.
4. In France there are two property taxes to pay – taxe d’habitation and taxe foncière. Our editor runs through what you need to know about them, on page 34.
5. Beautiful villages meet bountiful vineyards in this corner of Gironde. Discover the wine region of Entre-Deux-Mers, on page 40.
6. Read the inspiring story of how one reader overcame a life of adversity and unimaginable tragedy to finally find happiness in her new home in France, on page 54.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Can I disinherit my children?
7. Thinking of starting a boutique hotel in France? Find out how one couple created a thriving business, on page 62.
8. Once you’ve signed for your dream house in France, it’s time to transport all your belongings. Your questions about moving are answered on page 72.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the May issue of French Property News hereOr, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: a pretty house with pool, gardens and two garages for sale in Charente, with Beaux Villages and La Residence.