May 2017 issue of Living France out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the May issue of Living France, we find out what it’s like to live in Normandy’s Seine-Maritime, explore the locations from four of your favourite French films, meet the B&B expats who hosted James Martin for his recent TV show and hear how one couple transformed a ruin in Provence into a stylish home
What is it like to live in Seine-Maritime?
An endless source of inspiration for the Impressionists, this Normandy department boasts a beautiful coastline, bucolic pastures and rich architecture. We explore all it has to offer.
Some of France’s best-loved towns, villages and cities have provided the setting for some of our favourite French films. We discover what life is like on these real-life movie sets.
We hosted James Martin!
James Martin travelled the length and breadth of France for his French Adventure series. We caught up with the B&B expats who hosted him to find out more.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
Style and substance
Elizabeth and David spent three years transforming a ruin in Provence into a treasured family home. We step inside their beautiful countryside retreat and find out how they did it.
Plus we meet an Anglo-Belgian couple who moved to the Ardèche mountains, meet a couple who renovated on a strict budget in Charente and hear all about comedian Ian Moore’s latest plans to open a gîte. There is also expert advice on insurance, child benefits and estate agents’ commission in France and a guide to renovation. We also have a recipe from James Martin for Pork with Vichy carrots…
You can buy the May issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month