Which of France’s most beautiful villages you should consider buying property in…and 7 other things we learnt in the January issue of French Property News!
- Credit: Archant
Are buyers being put off by Brexit? How can you make your French home successful as a holiday rental? Is it possible to buy near Paris on a budget? The answers are all in the January issue of French Property News, out now!
1. It's market report time and this month we're investigating how house prices are changing, why Brits are undeterred from buying French property, and how much they're spending. Find the answers on page 24.
2. You've found the French property that makes your heart sing, your offer has been accepted, but what happens next? Let us guide you through all the steps from offer to completion, on page 28.
3. Buying in France was a big step for Debbie and David, who hail from Tennessee, and the picture was completed when their beloved dog joined them. Read about their purchase and experience with bringing a pet to France, on page 40.
4. Currently, 159 French villages hold the prestigious title of being one of the Plus Beaux Villages de France. Discover which of them could end up being your perfect property location, on page 44.
5. The start of a new year heralds new beginnings and opportunities, so here are 10 reasons to make 2020 the year you buy your French Property! Page 48.
6. Want to make your holiday rental stand out from the crowd? Read about the steps you can take to make your property the place to be, on page 52.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
7. It's important to read the small print when signing up for insurance in France, as there are key differences to its counterpart in the UK. Learn more about the details of French insurance, on page 80.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the October 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: a delightful thatched cottage on the borders of Picardy and Normandy, on the market with Leggett