Two easy ways to let out your holiday home in France
- Credit: Archant
One of Britain’s biggest cross-Channel travel companies is offering holiday home owners in France the chance to make extra income with a choice of rental models.
It may be cold outside - but that's why singletons, couples and families are already thinking about warmer weather and are now making plans to visit the world's most visited country: France.
And for the folk lucky enough to own their own properties in France, a leading cross-Channel ferry company is offering great opportunities to make some extra cash by letting out those bijou holiday cottages, gites and villas.
With decades of experience connecting the UK and France, Brittany Ferries is one of Britain's biggest travel companies, and it offers holiday home owners in France a choice of lettings options:
- The Managed Letting Service - offers French properties to rent as part of a ferry inclusive holiday package. The holiday homes are listed both online and in the company's Cottage and Village Holidays brochure, and Brittany Ferries takes a mark-up on sales.
- Holiday France Direct - an online service which looks after marketing the holiday property, while the owner is responsible for advertising. It's comparable to the Airbnb concept. Guests and owners also qualify for a 20pc discount on travel with Brittany Ferries. There are two ways of advertising the holiday property: QuickBook, a popular pay-per-booking system, or a set annual fee.
"Our main areas of activity are Brittany, Normandy, the Loire and the Charente, but we accept bookings from all over France and Spain and Portugal as we also sail to Santander and Bilbao," says Laura Habgood, Brittany Ferries Campaign Coordinator. "Our holiday home owners in France and Spain have two easy-to-manage options, depending on the level of control that they want, while both have proven track records of satisfaction. Both plans have been running for more than 20 years, for example, and we currently have over 3000 properties on the Holiday France Direct website."
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Working with either the Managed Letting Service or Holiday France Direct allows the owner to set the rental rate of their property - something that sets Brittany Ferries apart.
Laura adds: "Whether you choose to rent your property through the Managed Lettings Service or Holiday France Direct, you'll have the help of a team of experienced advisors specialising in your region of France. And there are no hidden agent's fees."
Now, with plans to expand Brittany Ferries' cross-Channel fleet fuelled by environmentally-friendly liquefied natural gas and scheduled investment in state of the art technology for passengers, the France holiday experience is set to get even better for holiday home owners and their guests.