French Alps continue to impress
- Credit: Archant
Tim Stanley speaks to some cash buyers who have fallen in love with the Alps
The London office of leading French Alpine developer MGM reports that, in the current climate of uncertainty, second homes in traditional French mountain resorts which often attract skiers and walkers are regarded as much safer havens for investment in bricks and mortar that those in sunny areas..
MGM has recently seen a marked increase in the number of older buyers happy to spend around £450,000 to £500,000 to secure three-bedroom ski apartments in France.
Popular locations include the ski resorts of Châtel, Flaine, La Rosière, Les Carroz and Val-Cenis where homes are ready for occupation and prices range from €190,000 to €450,000.
LOVERS OF THE ALPS
Among recent buyers are Christine Birch and her partner Steve O’Carroll. The couple, who live in Slinfold, West Sussex, have bought a three-bedroom leaseback apartment at Le Chalet de Flambeau, a résidence de tourisme at Val-Cenis in Haute-Maurienne.
Christine is a professional ski instructor and was keen to buy her own ski-in, ski-out apartment. “We went to look at Le Chalet de Flambeau and discovered that the quality of MGM’s development was far superior to others we had looked at,” she recalls. “When we found that we could buy a three-bedroom apartment for the price we would have to pay for a two-bed elsewhere, we decided that this was the place for us and our six children.”
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
For details visit www.mgmfrenchproperties.com
For more info call 0207 4940706 or email [email protected]