French Alps continue to impress
- Credit: Archant
Tim Stanley speaks to some cash buyers who have fallen in love with the Alps
The London office of leading French Alpine developer MGM reports that, in the current climate of uncertainty, second homes in traditional French mountain resorts which often attract skiers and walkers are regarded as much safer havens for investment in bricks and mortar that those in sunny areas..
MGM has recently seen a marked increase in the number of older buyers happy to spend around £450,000 to £500,000 to secure three-bedroom ski apartments in France.
Popular locations include the ski resorts of Châtel, Flaine, La Rosière, Les Carroz and Val-Cenis where homes are ready for occupation and prices range from €190,000 to €450,000.
LOVERS OF THE ALPS
Among recent buyers are Christine Birch and her partner Steve O’Carroll. The couple, who live in Slinfold, West Sussex, have bought a three-bedroom leaseback apartment at Le Chalet de Flambeau, a résidence de tourisme at Val-Cenis in Haute-Maurienne.
Christine is a professional ski instructor and was keen to buy her own ski-in, ski-out apartment. “We went to look at Le Chalet de Flambeau and discovered that the quality of MGM’s development was far superior to others we had looked at,” she recalls. “When we found that we could buy a three-bedroom apartment for the price we would have to pay for a two-bed elsewhere, we decided that this was the place for us and our six children.”
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
For details visit www.mgmfrenchproperties.com
For more info call 0207 4940706 or email email@example.com