12 reasons to buy the August 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
From cycling and relaxing in Vendée to bird-spotting all over France, the August issue of FRANCE Magazine is packed with holiday ideas and the best of French culture. Here are 12 reasons why you should buy a copy...
1. Sun, spas and cycling in Vendée
We take a look at the location for the opening stage of the Tour de France and how to best enjoy this stunning stretch of the Atalantic coast.
2. The hidden natural treasure of the Pays Châtillonnais
Explore this pretty area squeezed between the vineyards of Champagne and Burgundy which is destined to become France’s next national park.
3. Taste the new Alpine cuisine
Gastronomy in the French Alps is changing and it’s mouthwatering!
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
4. Go on a road trip from Toulouse
Depart from the Pink City in Haute-Garonne and head off into the glorious Pyrénées mountains.
5. Learn about France’s rural past
A history trail about ancient French farming methods and the marks they left on today’s pastoral landscape
6. Discover Nîmes
Get ideas for a city break in this historic city which was built and developed by the Romans
7. Come giant bird-spotting
We travel around the best locations across the country to spot the biggest birds in France
8. A night in the mountains
Take your pick from our favourite places to stay in the French mountains, from the Alps to the Pyrénées
9. Take a stroll in Valence
The pretty perched capital of the Drôme department has long been a gateway to Provence and its historic centre is a delight to explore.
10. Make macarons
A recipe from the master patissier Pierre Hermé himself for peach, apricot and saffron macarons.
11. Who are the Onion Johnnies?
Find out about the Breton traders bringing pink Roscoff alliums to Birtain’s streets.
12. How to be Parisian
Our Paris-based columnist gives his humorous take on daily life in the French capital
So what are you waiting for? The July 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is now on sale – order your copy now
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!