Provence Street, Pioneers and Professional tips: things we learnt in the October 2021 issue of French Property News (plus Living France), out now!
- Credit: Archant
French property, expert advice, real life stories and much more, all to be found in the new October issue of French Property News which is out now
1. Denim - DeNîmes - De Nîmes
Denim was invented in Nîmes (more on p.12)
2. Staycation or Vacation?
Domestic travel accounts for 70% of tourism revenue in France (more on p.25)
3. Provence Street
Joanna, Countess of Provence and Queen of Naples was like a character from a soap opera (more on p.32)
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 3 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
4. Culinary Delights
The French consume over 30,000 tonnes of snails every year, and 99% of frog’s legs in France are imported (more on p.44)
5. Pioneers in Pays de la Loire
Meet the first ever non-French residents of Renazé (more on p.60)
6. Presidential Residences
Win a copy of the book by Adrien Goetz (more on p.76)
7. Funeral Faux-Pas
You should never give chrysantheums as a gift, as they are considered funereal (more on p.105)
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France, take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
You can also get a copy on MagsDirect
On the cover : A handsome four-bedroom house with a pool in Haute-Vienne, on the market for €307,400 with Beaux Villages
Don’t miss out:
Prices of Parisian apartments
Learn about taxes in France