February 2017 issue of French Property News out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the February 2017 issue we go back to basics by giving you an essential guide to buying in France. We also go househunting in Tarn, Hérault and on the quieter slopes in the Pyrénées. TV presenter Angela Rippon talks about owning a holiday home on the Riviera and a Hertfordshire girl and her café become the heart of a community in Dordogne.
Back-to-basics guide to buying in France
We strip away the aesthetics and look at the basic information you need before buying your dream property in France. From location, to budget, from finance and local laws and regulations, this guide will help you through the entire process of property-buying in France. Our other expert features look at the benefits of downsizing and the possibilities offered when buying new-build properties for those buyers who are short on time but not on imagination.
In this issue we compare city life with village idyll in sunny Tarn, explore the truffle and wine country of Hérault and look at homes that are close to some of France’s most spectacular bridges. We also have an insider’s guide to Perpignan, an insight on the rugged beauty of Ariège and we head for the family-friendly and quiet villages of the Pyrénées mountains.
British TV star Angela Rippon tells us why she loves the French Riviera so much and talks about her beautiful home there while two authors, Peter May and Nick Matthews explain how they fell in love with their own corners of France only to settle down there and take inspiration from the lifestyle. A Hertfordshire expat lives the dream in Dordogne and a holiday home in the foothills of the Pyrénées provides years of happiness.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Plus advice on how to maximise your holiday let income, tips on dealing with conflicting wishlists, and events to keep in mind when planning your currency transfer. We also have plenty of beautiful properties for sale, a wedding-inspired interiors page and fun French language games.
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get the magazine delivered every month!