February 2016 issue of Living France out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the new February 2016 issue of Living France we explore Tarn, reveal where to buy if you want an expat community nearby and explain how to try before you buy in France…
Explore Tarn in south-west France:
• Discover the department of Tarn is south-west France, home to beautiful towns and villages, including Cordes-sur-Ciel, Albi and Castres, stunning scenery and delicious food and wine – it’s no wonder it’s a favourite with expats. We meet an expat couple who have found Tarn the perfect place to raise their children, get the latest information on the property market in Tarn and pick 6 of our favourite properties for sale in Tarn.
Try before you buy:
• If you are nervous about buying a property in France, try renting a house over the winter and decide if your chosen area is the right one for you. Our expert explains the legalities and practicalities of renting in France in the winter.
Starting a new life in France:
• In this issue we meet a British couple who built their own chalet in the Alps, talk to expats who have used their move to France to start a new career pursuing their passions, a writer who found inspiration from her historic manor house in Auvergne and a Dutch couple who have created a luxury B&B in Burgundy.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
Finding an expat community:
• Some expats like to immerse themselves fully into French life and make friends with the locals while others like the reassurance of knowing there are other expats nearby to offer support and friendship while they settle in. We reveal the areas expats are most attracted to and suggest the best ways to meet others and integrate into the community.
Plus, we find out what’s happening in France in February, choose our favourite properties for sale in ski resorts and share a recipe for tarte aux pruneaux. There is also expert advice on inheritance tax, health insurance, surveys and the ahring of financial information.