August 2016 issue of French Property News out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the August issue of French Property News, we examine the key issues and questions concerning Brexit, explore central France, offer top tips for learning French and suggest the best places for running gîtes
If you have concerns about the result of the EU referendum with regard to holidaying, living or buying property in France, our August issue aims to respond to the key issues in a Brexit Q&A special. We also put several areas of France under the spotlight this month: its central heartland, with rolling countryside and affordable properties; the towns of Aix-en-Provence and Aix-les-Bains; and the spectacular Alpes Chablais between Lac Léman and Mont Blanc, with its year-round appeal. We also compare tourist hotspots with hidden locations for running gîtes, offer some top language-learning tips, and meet the design eye behind a rustic 1930s beach house in Gironde. Our experts explain the French mortgage application process and its benefits, plus what happens to your UK pension as a retiree in France.
• Location features
The heartland of central France
A duo of Aixes: Aix-en-Provence and Aix-les-Bains
The Alpes Chablais, a year-round mountain destination
• Expert advice
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
Top tips for language learning to make the most of life in France
Brexit Q&A: answers to some of the questions raised following the EU referendum result
Running gîtes: tourist hotspot or hidden location?
• Real life stories
An Atlantic beach house decorated by a British antiques dealer
One woman’s joy from buying property in Limousin
A couple who saved a neglected farmhouse from ruin
Buy the August issue of French Property NewsView our magazine subscription offers: