August 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the August 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine, we go in search of the real Saint-Tropez, cook up a feast in the Provençal town of Uzès and uncover some great places to stay in tranquil Normandy
The other side of Saint-Tropez
Peter Stewart heads to Saint-Tropez to discover an altogether different side to the glitzy Riviera resort. Highlights include shopping for fresh produce at the town’s Saturday morning market, playing pétanque on the Place des Lices and soaking up the sunshine on the Plage de Pampelonne – the beach made famous by Saint-Tropez resident Brigitte Bardot.
Where to stay in Normandy
This month we visit the idyllic region of Normandy to find the best in accommodation. Our line-up of great places to stay includes everything from chic townhouses and elegant country retreats to tree houses and grand seaside residences.
Catriona Burns puts her French culinary skills to the test in the quaint Provencal town of Uzès. Highlights of her one-week stay at a cookery school included making stuffed Provencal mussels and crème brulée à la lavande, as well as selecting ingredients for dishes from thriving local markets.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Can I disinherit my children?
- 8 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
Annaliza Davis offers a top ten guide of things to see and do in the French capital that will be sure to keep kids entertained. Her feature takes her everywhere from the Seine and Notre-Dame to the Eiffel Tower and even the Cité des Sciences in search of the very best family-friendly experiences.
Plus, we enjoy a walk through wine-making villages in Alsace, enter the mysterious world of French composer Erik Satie and suss out top places to eat in Marseille.
Buy the August 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine here!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!