April 2015 issue of French Property News out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the new April 2015 issue of French Property News we explore the best places for young people and families, plus we visit two family-friendly ski resorts where new residential developments have just been launched. We also reveal why buying in Provence won’t necessarily break the bank, while our expert advice covers everything from financing a purchase with a French mortgage and pension changes to keeping septic tanks in good working order and running a successful business.
• Location features
Hérault and Haute-Garonne – the best places for young people and families
Ariège – hitting a high note in Midi-Pyrénées
Aveyron – exploring the spectacular scenery of Villefranche-de-Rouergue
• Expert advice
The family-friendly resorts in the French Alps with plenty of community spirit
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
Why buying a property in Provence won’t necessarily break the bank
The benefits of building a straw bale house
How to keep septic tanks in good working order
Inheritance issues when buying French property and possible solutions
• Real Life stories
The food writer who found the perfect way to balance life in both France and the UK
Part two of our new-build diary – building a timber-frame house
Creating a yoga retreat in Pau
Enjoying cricket in France
Plus, homes on France’s three coasts, a week with our resident architect, an estate agent’s dream home on the Riviera, a round-up of seasonal pink produce and our reader photo competition. We also have three copies of The Hundred-Foot Journey starring Dame Helen Mirren on DVD for you to win.