A taste of home
ADVERTISER FEATURE A life in France is one of culinary adventure, but that doesn’t mean we need go without some UK favourites
One of the most exciting things about expat life in France is enjoying the culinary delights on offer. After all, the country is famous for its gastronomic pedigree.
However, this doesn’t mean that we forget the foods we enjoyed in the UK. After a while, you can really start to miss the familiarity of British products, whether it’s the Marmite you had on your toast, or the mug of PG Tips you enjoyed every morning.
When you first move abroad, having access to food from home might not seem that important, but after a while it can make all the difference to how well you and your family settle into your new home.
The good news is that wherever you are in the world, you don’t have to live without your British favourites!
British Corner Shop sells over 8,000 branded British food, drink, toiletries and household products, all of which can be delivered to your doorstep in France for £11.99 (for up to 30kg).
As well as stocking the well loved traditional British products, we also give our customers the opportunity to suggest products to us, and over the many years we have been running, our product sourcing team have added thousands of products requested by our customers. Right now, the products in our top ten are; Heinz Baked Beanz, Bisto Gravy Granules, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Paxo Stuffing Mix, Branston Pickle, Love Hearts, Warburtons Premium Brown Bread, Mr Porky Pork Scratchings, Fray Bentos Pies and Warburtons Crumpets. From this list it’s clear that there is a high demand for a variety of British goods, from store cupboard essentials to confectionery, and although food items like this are occasionally available abroad, the range is often extremely limited and can be very expensive.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
What’s more, products sold by British Corner Shop are not just limited to food and drink; you can also order your favourite household products, toiletries and magazines too.