9 tips for a stress-free move to France
- Credit: Archant
Thinking of hiring a removals company to move your belongings to France? Anglo French Euro Removals share 9 tips to make the process as stress-free as possible
1. Moving is a very stressful time so choosing the right company is of paramount importance. Your chosen company will then make the moving process as stress free as possible.
2. A pre-move survey is essential for larger loads so the volume can be calculated correctly and the access viewed.
3. If you have a smaller load this would be regarded as a part load and sharing the truck would give you the best price.
4. Getting the removals company to pack your possessions will save you time and this will make sure you’re fully covered for any breakages. We would pack your whole house in one day.
5. If you do decide to pack yourself make sure you label all the boxes with the contents and the room.
6. Make sure the removal company is accredited, i.e members of the BAR, and they will work to an approved code of practice. Check the company are fully insured and read the terms & conditions.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 8 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 9 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
7. It is definitely more cost effective to move all your goods as opposed to selling them and buying new in France. All electric appliances will work fine. But it is a good time to de-clutter and clear out the loft/ garage etc!
8. Before the removal truck turns up, make sure all your documents and personal effects are in a safe place.
9. Before the truck leaves, make sure they have loaded everything and the crew have the correct delivery address and contact numbers. Any sketch maps and photos are always useful.
Anglo French Euro Removals Ltd
Telephone: +44 (0) 1622 690653