5 properties near a French ferry port
- Credit: Archant
If accessibility from the UK is an important factor in your French property search then take a look at our selection of 5 properties less than 90 minutes from a major part in northern France
This three-bedroom cottage is located in Maël-Carhaix, just over an hour’s drive from Roscoff with regular ferries to Portsmouth and Ireland. The cottage is easy to maintain and has a fully fitted kitchen, reception room, three bedrooms and a garden.
Only 45 minutes from the port at Roscoff and 20 minutes from the coast, this renovated two-bedroom farmhouse. Situated in a quiet hamlet near Loguivy-Plougras, the house has a loft that can be converted as well as a stone outbuilding and a large garden.
Only 30 minutes from the port at Roscoff, this ancient house is in the centre of a village near Morlaix. The house has wooden beams, exposed stone walls and an exterior staircase and offers four bedrooms, a kitchen, two living rooms and a conservatory.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
Situated just 50 minutes from Saint-Malo, near Trémeur, this property has stables with space for eight horses. The main house has four bedrooms, a kitchen, games room and two living rooms. There is also a two-bedroom gîte and large garden.
www.properties-brittany.comOrne, Lower Normandy
This charming timber house is located near Vimoutiers and is less than an hour from Caen-Ouistreham port. It is currently a well-known B&B and has five bedrooms, an equipped kitchen and an open-plan dining and living room. There is a one-hectare garden and a terrace.