5 properties near a French ferry port
- Credit: Archant
If accessibility from the UK is an important factor in your French property search then take a look at our selection of 5 properties less than 90 minutes from a major part in northern France
This three-bedroom cottage is located in Maël-Carhaix, just over an hour’s drive from Roscoff with regular ferries to Portsmouth and Ireland. The cottage is easy to maintain and has a fully fitted kitchen, reception room, three bedrooms and a garden.
Only 45 minutes from the port at Roscoff and 20 minutes from the coast, this renovated two-bedroom farmhouse. Situated in a quiet hamlet near Loguivy-Plougras, the house has a loft that can be converted as well as a stone outbuilding and a large garden.
Only 30 minutes from the port at Roscoff, this ancient house is in the centre of a village near Morlaix. The house has wooden beams, exposed stone walls and an exterior staircase and offers four bedrooms, a kitchen, two living rooms and a conservatory.
- 1 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 2 Provence comes to Paris in the Atelier des Lumières’ 2022 exhibition
- 3 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 4 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
- 5 The beautiful Aude: Holidays in Castelnaudary, home of cassoulet and the Canal du Midi.
- 6 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 7 Book Competition: Win a copy of Paris: Capital of Guerlain by Laurence Benaïm
- 8 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 9 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Situated just 50 minutes from Saint-Malo, near Trémeur, this property has stables with space for eight horses. The main house has four bedrooms, a kitchen, games room and two living rooms. There is also a two-bedroom gîte and large garden.
www.properties-brittany.comOrne, Lower Normandy
This charming timber house is located near Vimoutiers and is less than an hour from Caen-Ouistreham port. It is currently a well-known B&B and has five bedrooms, an equipped kitchen and an open-plan dining and living room. There is a one-hectare garden and a terrace.