5 French properties for sun-lovers
- Credit: Archant
If heading to sunnier regions is one of your main reasons for buying in France then take a look at these 5 properties ideal for sun-lovers, from an apartment on the French Riviera to a private island in Gironde
Near Villefagnan, Charente, Poitou-Charentes
With a south-facing terrace and swimming pool, this 19th-century village house near Villefagnan is ideal for those who want to soak up the sun. It currently comprises a two-bedroom house and attached, self-contained gîte but could be used as a four-bedroom house.
www.tic-ruffec.comNice, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
This studio apartment is situated near the Masséna museum in the heart of Nice and just a five-minute walk from the beach and the city’s famous Promenade des Anglais. Recently renovated and being sold fully furnished, this would be a great holiday home or rental.
Les Quatres-Routes-du-Lot, Lot, Midi-Pyrénées
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
This restored character house a mile from the commune of Les Quatre-Routes-du-Lot sits in mature landscaped gardens with several terraces and a saltwater pool. There are four bedrooms, a fitted kitchen with dining area, a living room and a vaulted wine cellar.
Beautifully renovated, this stone masis full of character and offers three bedrooms. It is completely self-sufficient with solar power, its own water supply and wood-fired central heating. There are four acres of land and views of the Pyrenees.
Located on a private island beside its own weir, this former mill house has been renovated into a stunning seven-bedroom home that could be used as a chambres d’hôtes, and includes more than six acres of land with a saltwater pool, boules pitch, covered terraces and a conservatory.