3 houses in France for €280,000
- Credit: Archant
With the GBP/EUR exchange rate reaching a seven-year high recently, UK buyers are finding that their property budget can stretch much further in France. Here are 3 properties for €280,000 in France which will cost you just over £200,000
This striking barn conversion has been expertly designed to show off the features of the historic building while being fit for modern life. The first floor benefits from a high vaulted ceiling with original beams that adds character to the spacious open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, complete with integrated modern appliances and a mezzanine level currently used as an office. There are a total of three bedrooms; two on the ground floor and one on the first floor; and two bathrooms. The house is located in a small hamlet, two kilometres from the village of Espinasse, and boasts beautiful views over the open countryside.
Situated in a pretty, rural location between the two villages of Malansac and Caden, this cottage boasts a number of character features, including exposed stone walls, wooden beams and an attractive fireplace housing a large wood-burning stove in the living room. The detached cottage has a total of three en-suite bedrooms, a large living room, a separate fitted kitchen and a study. It sits on a generous plot of land which is mainly lawn, along with a duck pond and an above ground swimming pool.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
This five-bedroom house is located in a village with amenities and is only 20 minutes from Chalon-sur-Saône in the heart of Burgundy’s world-famous vineyards. Within two hours of Geneva airport, the property is easily accessible from the UK. Full of character, the stone house boasts five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fitted kitchen and a separate living room and a dining room with a fireplace. The property also benefits from a vaulted cellar and several small outbuildings, as well as land stretching to a third of an acre.