3 houses in France for €280,000
- Credit: Archant
With the GBP/EUR exchange rate reaching a seven-year high recently, UK buyers are finding that their property budget can stretch much further in France. Here are 3 properties for €280,000 in France which will cost you just over £200,000
This striking barn conversion has been expertly designed to show off the features of the historic building while being fit for modern life. The first floor benefits from a high vaulted ceiling with original beams that adds character to the spacious open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, complete with integrated modern appliances and a mezzanine level currently used as an office. There are a total of three bedrooms; two on the ground floor and one on the first floor; and two bathrooms. The house is located in a small hamlet, two kilometres from the village of Espinasse, and boasts beautiful views over the open countryside.
Situated in a pretty, rural location between the two villages of Malansac and Caden, this cottage boasts a number of character features, including exposed stone walls, wooden beams and an attractive fireplace housing a large wood-burning stove in the living room. The detached cottage has a total of three en-suite bedrooms, a large living room, a separate fitted kitchen and a study. It sits on a generous plot of land which is mainly lawn, along with a duck pond and an above ground swimming pool.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
This five-bedroom house is located in a village with amenities and is only 20 minutes from Chalon-sur-Saône in the heart of Burgundy’s world-famous vineyards. Within two hours of Geneva airport, the property is easily accessible from the UK. Full of character, the stone house boasts five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fitted kitchen and a separate living room and a dining room with a fireplace. The property also benefits from a vaulted cellar and several small outbuildings, as well as land stretching to a third of an acre.