13 reasons to buy the May 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
The May 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is on sale! Take a look at what’s inside and get your copy now...
1. Visit Dordogne’s beautiful villages
La Roque-Gageac at the base of a sheer cliff, Issigeac with its bustling Sunday market and the Monpazier perched on a hill, are three of the most popular village in Dordogne and we explore them all on a road trip.
2. Explore the spa town of Vichy
We take a stroll around the spa town of Vichy to learn more about its history as the seat of the Vichy government during WWII, try out the healing powers of the thermal waters and enjoy a spa treatment or two.
3. Discover La Charité-sur-Loire
We explore La Charité-sur-Loire in Burgundy, one of France’s eight ‘book towns’ during its Festival du Mot and find out more about the ‘Cité du Mot’.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
4. Spend the weekend in Bonifacio
Perched on a promontory at the southern tip of Corsica, the town of Bonifacio is the perfect place to spend a weekend, as Mark Sampson discovers on a city break.
5. Interview with actress Léa Drucker
French actress Léa Drucker tells us about her new film Custody and her experience of playing Miriam, a mother trying to extract herself from an abusive marriage.
6. Recipe for navettes
American-born blogger and hotelier Jamie Schler shares her recipe for navette cookies from Marseille, from her first recipe book.
7. Drôme road trip
Jump in the car and explore the beautiful department of Drôme with our two-day road trip itinerary starting in Valence and finishing in Mirmande.
8. Carol Drinkwater on Vincent Van Gogh
In her latest column, Carol Drinkwater reveals Vincent Van Gogh’s connection to France and how living in Arles inspired some of his works.
9. Where to stay on a city break
Planning a city break to France? Then don’t miss our pick of some of the best accommodation in France’s major cities
10. Become a student at the Sorbonne
Writer Anne Cowan becomes a student at the Sorbonne in Paris at their summer school and experiences life as a student at France’s most prestigious university,
11. History of the French flag
In the latest in our ‘icons’ series we discover the history of the French tricolore with its origins in the French Revolution.
12. Improve your French
We share some ways to refresh your French language skills along with puzzles to test your French
So what are you waiting for? Buy the May 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!