13 reasons to buy the February 2018 issue of Living France!
- Credit: Archant
The February 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 13 reasons why you should pick up a copy...
1. Discover what it’s like to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
As well as limestone plateaux, valleys and gorges, Tarn-et-Garonne boasts picturesque towns and villages that have a real community feel
2. Learn about keeping chickens in France
Keeping chickens is all part of the living-in-France dream for many people. Three expats in France tell us about the joy of having feathered friends in France
3. You’ll fall in love with France
With Valentine’s Day nearly upon us, we look at France’s most romantic destinations, including Provence, the Alps and the Loire Valley
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
4. Get an update on Brexit
We bring you the latest from the UK’s ambassador’s meeting with British expats in Paris, plus we reveal how Brexit has boosted the property market in France
5. Explore French flea markets
We meet a couple who share their passion for French flea markets and explain how you can use them to furnish your home
6. Get a new recipe
Got a dinner party coming up? We’ve got a recipe for rillettes de sardines that will work perfectly spread on toasted bread and served as an appetiser!
7. See inside this gorgeous château
Michael Halpin and Jonathan Cooke restored this 16th-century château in the Loire Valley to its former glory and the results are gorgeous. See for yourself!
8. Find out about alternative therapies in France
We talk to four expats who practise as alternative therapists in France and find out just how they set up their successful businesses
9. Find a renovation project
For those who don’t mind a challenge, take a look at our pick of six renovation projects in France, from a grand home in Charente to a château in Dordogne
10. Get clued up on the welfare system in France
This year, President Macron intends to lower welfare contributions in an effort to boost the economy. We reveal how the system currently works and what the changes will be
11. See lots of beautiful photos of France
We love when our readers send us their snaps from France. How pretty is this one of the market in Arles? Merci, Joan Werner!
12. Keep up to date with what’s happening in France
From wine festivals to agricultural shows, we have the most important dates for your diary for February, plus the latest reviews and travel news
13. Learn something new about wine
If you want to know more about the French wine you’re drinking read Richard’s Hemming’s column on the world’s most famous merlot, pétrus. He also recommends three bottles to try
You can buy the February 2018 issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subsription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
And don’t forget we will be at The France Show on 26-28 January. Book your tickets now for our French Property Exhibition and a fun day out enjoying the flavours of France