13 reasons to buy the December 2017 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The December 2017 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 13 reasons why you should pick up a copy…
1. Discover what it’s like to live in Gers
With rolling fields of sunflowers, vineyards and pastures dotted with quaint villages, Gers offers a slow and gentle pace of life
2. Find out how to learn to drive in France
The process for learning to drive in France has changed over the years. We cover what has changed and outline what you need to do to take and pass the test
3. Get into the Christmas spirit
We explore four places in France that really make the most of the festive season with special festivals, events and traditions and find out what it’s like to live there all year round
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 5 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
4. Expert advice
This month, we ask if expats need both English and French wills, plus there’s expert advice on tax residency, schooling for children and starting a garden in France
5. Meet expats running well-being retreats
It’s not all about eating cheese and drinking wine, as these expats in France who are running yoga retreats and healthy holidays tell us
6. Get ideas for Christmas shopping!
Don’t know what to get the Francophile who has everything? We have some great ideas, from these gorgeous Paris-inspired notebooks to cute cheese knives!
7. Find out what’s happening in France this month
We update you on all the goings on in France, plus we highlights the best dates and events for the month of December, including this show-stopping light festival in Tarn
8. Meet a couple making wine in Bordeaux
Read how one couple’s dream of becoming winemakers in France came true when they bought a neglected property with vineyards near Bordeaux
9. See inside this home in Haute-Savoie
This 350-year-old barn in Haute-Savoie is even more gorgeous on the inside. Plus, the owners, Su and Andrew Lyell have decorated it for Christmas!
10. Learn how to make a Christmas wreath
Whether as a gift, or a traditional decoration, it’s very easy (and cheap) to make this festive essential yourself, as our gardener Sue Bradley explains
11. Have a good nosy at properties for sale
From chocolate-box cottages to a restored château in Gers and farmhouses to half-timbered homes in Normandy, you’ll love our round-up of properties for sale in France
12. Get advice on renovating a property
Transforming a property in France is something many of us want to do, although it’s harder than it looks. But two Languedoc-based couples tell us why it’s worth all the hard work
13. Get clued up on currency transfers
Are you transferring money to France or vice versa? Our expert explains the process for those who need to convert pounds to euros and move money across the Channel
You can buy the December 2017 issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month.