12 reasons to buy the September 2017 issue of Living France
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The September 2017 issue of Living France is on sale now! Here’s why you should pick up a copy...
1. Get clued up on French politics
Following the presidential and parliamentary elections we take a look at the political system in France from the major parties to elections
2. Find out what it’s like to live in Vaucluse
Fields of lavender, enchanting villages and a cultural capital... you’ll love this picturesque part of Provence
3. Attract butterflies to your garden!
Sue Bradley tells us how to make our gardens inviting to nature’s most flamboyant visitors
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
4. Meet an expat running cycling tours in Alsace
Glenn Ford fell in love with Alsace almost 30 years ago and he now organises walking and cycling tours, showcasing what this part of France has to offer
5. Dates for your diary
Find out what’s going on in France this month and keep up-to-date with the latest travel news, book reviews and what to watch…
6. Find out what areas are renowned for their alcoholic drinks
From Champagne to Cognac, we explore four places famous for their tipples and find out why living there gives you plenty of reasons to raise your glass!
7. Read how one expat is getting French citizenship
Spurred on by the Brexit vote, Charles Timoney tells us how and why he is applying for French citizenship 30 years after moving to France
8. Meet a couple running adventure holidays in the Pyrénées
Penny and Andy Walker are sharing their passion for the great outdoors in the Pyrénées by running adventure holidays in this unspoilt and dramatic landscape
9. Learn how to live off-grid in France
How is it to live off-grid in France? We find out what the options are and how much help is available for those who want to save energy when living in France
10. Lots of pretty pictures of France
This one of Bergerac from our reader Chas Allen is one of our favourite pictures this month but there’s a lot more to see!
11. Find a village home in France
Want to be within walking distance to a local shop and the boulangerie? We select six properties situated in a village, all with charming character
12. James Martin’s recipe for iced blackberry soufflé
Finish off your dinner party in style with these refreshing blackberry soufflés. They’re frozen meaning so they don’t have the – factor traditional soufflés have You can buy the September issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!