12 reasons to buy the January 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
The January 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is now on sale! Here are 12 reasons why you should buy your copy now...
1. Explore the stunning châteaux of Burgundy
Escape the crowds of the Loire Valley and explore the lesser known but no less impressive châteaux of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region.
2. Experience the colours of the south
Discover the vibrant colours of the south of France in a trip from ochre quarries near the town of Apt to the iconic purple lavender fields of Provence.
3. Read about Serge Gainsbourg
In the next instalment of our icons series we discover the life and career of French singer-songwriter Serge Gainsbourg.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
4. Take a stroll in Kaysersberg
Come with us to explore the pretty streets of the village of Kaysersberg in Alsace and find out why it was voted France’s favourite village in 2017.
5. Recipe for a French winter stew
This recipe for a filling stew of saucisses-lentille will soon become a firm favourite for winter dinners.
6. Take a road trip in Vendée
Follow our road trip itinerary from Pouzauges to Les Sables-d’Olonne to discover the department of Vendée, the land of windmills, beaches and the notorious Bluebeard.
7. Discover France’s best flea markets
Keen bargain hunter Eddi Fiegal discovers the best flea markets around France from the Grand Bradeie de Lille to the antiques town of L’Isle sur la Sourge.
8. Enjoy a city break in Chartres
We spend a weekend in Chartres, explore the world-famous cathedral and wander around the city’s narrow streets.
9. Interview with Marie Noëlle
French writer-director Marie Noëlle tells us about her new screen biography of Marie Curie, plus read our review of the film.
10. Our pick of self-catering accommodation in France
If you prefer to fend for yourself in a gîte or apartment rather than stay in a hotel then don’t miss our pick of self-catering accommodation in France.
11. Learn all about mussels
By following the Mussel Route along France’s Atlantic coast we learn all about this delicious seafood, plus we share a recipe for mouclade.
12. Improve your French
Test your French skills with our language games and improve your vocabulary with our conversations on emergency services and pets written in both English and French.
So what are you waiting for? Buy the January 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!