11 reasons to buy the January 2018 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The January 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 11 reasons why you should pick up a copy...
1. Find out what it’s like to live in Finistère
With the longest coastline in Brittany, Finistère is home to historic fishing towns that are steeped in tradition, myth and Celtic culture.
2. Find out how one expat got French citizenship
Mark Sampson has now officially acquired la nationalité française. He explains the final steps of the process and tells us why he’s so happy to finally be French.
3. Take a food tour through France
From an entrée in Burgundy-Franche-Comté to dessert in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, sample France’s regional specialities and find an area to suit your tastes.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
4. Find out about cultural differences
There are plenty of clichés about the French lifestyle but what things do you notice as an expat in France? We reflect on some of the subtle cultural differences.
5. See inside a Breton cottage
Liz Lamour and her husband Corentin transformed a neglected outbuilding into a cosy cottage – find out how they did it!
6. Learn about the role of the mayor in France
The mayor’s role is wide-reaching in France so read our guide to understand their key responsibilities in French society.
7. Find out what’s happening in France
From truffle festivals in Dordogne to wine celebrations in Burgundy, we give you the key dates for January, plus the latest reviews and news.
8. See lots of houses in Finistère for sale
From quaint country cottages to cosy coastal homes, Finistère has plenty of choice for those looking for a rural retreat. Take a look at our selection of homes for sale.
9. Meet an expat running a holiday business in the Alps
Who said the French mountains were just for winter? We meet expats running health and fitness retreats in the Alps all year round.
10. Get a recipe for almond and blueberry galette
On 6 January, the French celebrate Ephipany with a galette des roi. But instead of going to the boulangerie this year, why not make your own? We have a recipe for an almond and blueberry version which is delicieux!
11. Start your own French wine cellar
In our new series, Richard Hemming brings you the ultimate case of French wine. This month he starts with Dom Pérignon. Find out which bottles makes his wish list!
You can buy the January 2018 issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!