11 reasons to buy the February 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
The February 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is now on sale! Here are 11 reasons why you should buy your copy now...
1. Discover an amazing château in Normandy
We explore the Château du Champ de Bataille in Normandy which has been transformed from an abandoned site into a magnificent chateau by interior designer Jacques Garcia.
2. Compare two popular Alpine villages
France Magazine editor Lara Dunn explores two contrasting ski villages – the purpose-built village of Arc 1950 and traditional Savoie village of Saint-Martin-de-Belleville – to see which she prefers.
3. Discover a different side to Corsica
Corsica isn’t just about beautiful beaches and sparkling blue waters. We discover a different side to the French island by exploring its standing stones and polyphonic singing.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
4. Spend a weekend in Chambéry
For many it is just a stop off on the route to the ski resorts but the town of Chambéry has been regenerated in recent years and is a great destination for a city break. We spend the weekend there to discover its delights.
5. Explore the town of Parthenay
Take a stroll through winding passages and discover the fortified town of Parthenay in Deux-Sèvres with us.
6. Recipe for Far Breton
Create a classic French dessert with our recipe for Far Breton, a savoury pudding first created in Brittany but now a favourite across France.
7. Explore the ski resorts of the Annecy Mountains
Venturing away from the purpose-built modern ski resorts of the French Alps, we discover authentic mountain villages and exciting ski resorts in the Annecy Mountains.
8. Interview with actress Judith Chemla
Screen actress Judith Chemal tells us about her role in the period drama A Woman’s Life based on the novel by Guy de Maupassant.
9. Find out why the French poodle is so popular
In the latest in our ‘French icons’ series we discover how the poodle became favourite of French royalty and which unlikely celebrities have owned one.
10. Our pick of accommodation for winter sports enthusiasts
Plan your winter holiday with our pick of hotels, B&Bs and self-catering accommodation, ideally suited for winter sports’ enthusiasts.
11. Improve your French
Test your French skills with our language games and improve your vocabulary with our conversations about hiring a bicycle or finding the best beach written in both English and French.
So what are you waiting for? Buy the February 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!