11 reasons to buy the August 2017 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The August issue of Living France is on sale now! From finding out what life is like in the Vercors to what to watch on French TV and meeting a winemaking couple, you won’t want to miss it!
1. Find out what it’s like to live in the Vercors
For lovers of sport, nature and history, the Vercors is the place to be. Stretching across mountains, but close to big cities, this part of France offers the best of both worlds
2. Dates for your diary
Find out what’s going on this month in France and keep up-to-date with the latest travel news and French goings-on
3. Discover which towns in the UK are twinned with those in France Find out more about your town or village’s French twin and make links before you make a move across the Channel
4. James Martin’s recipe for John Dory with clams and courgettes
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
A simple, summertime dinner made easy. Just pop in the oven, open up a bottle of wine et voilà! Dinner is served!
5. Be inspired to get out in the garden!
Sue Bradley tells us how to plant plum trees and an expat gardener in Finistère reveals how he opened his garden to the public
6. Find out what’s on French TV
Read our guide to the best French TV shows and how they can improve your language skills. French Come Dine With Me, anyone?
7. Meet a winemaking couple
Meet globetrotting couple Caryl and Jan Panman who made a new life for themselves as winemakers in Languedoc. Jealous? Us?
8.Guide to renting property in France
Renting a property is a good way to find out what you want from your French home before you commit to buying. We explain what you need to know
9. See inside a French cookery school
Food writer and stylist Louise Pickford renovated a barn in Charente into a cookery school and studio. Take a sneak peek into her gorgeous home…
10. Win a family cooking class!
If Louise Pickford’s story inspires you to get cooking, enter our competition to win a cooking class for the whole family at her cookery school!
11. Homes with swimming pools
Make the most of France’s warm summers by finding your dream French home with a swimming pool. We want them all!
You can buy the August issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!