10 great reasons to go on holiday to western France this summer
We caught up with Brittany Ferries to find out 10 of the best reasons to head to western France this summer
To get ahead of the crowds and book a summer break in the winter is an exercise in pragmatism not many holidaymakers could commit to. But in an age where a horde of last-minute bargain packages await us online, is it any wonder that even the least spontaneous consumers are tempted to hold off from finalising holiday plans until the summer solstice?
After all, time spent catching rays of vitamin D on foreign shores is amongst the highlights of any family’s year, so sound research and good execution of a holiday is vital. Lucky for us, leading French tour operator Brittany Ferries has been thinking about and indeed planning for the summer ahead whilst we’ve all still been donning our winter knitwear. Here we share their top 10 reasons to head to western France this summer.
1. For those seeking a bit more adventure than a domestic holiday but after something more settled than a caravan tour, a break in a French gîte is a nice transition for families with young children or babes in arms for a home away from home. In the balmy climes of the western French coast you’ll be spoilt with peace and privacy, comfort and convenience. Click here for Brittany Ferries’ gîtes and cottages
2. Brittany Ferries offer a choice of routes across the Channel and three choices of crossing, including cruise ferries, cheaper économie ferries, and a fast craft that takes just three hours from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.
3. In booking their holiday property and ferry crossing together, customers save money on the latter and can breathe a sigh of relief with a deposit of just £40pp for holiday bookings. Customers don’t have to pay for their holiday in full until 60 days before departure.
4. With many famous delicacies on offer, France is truly a foodie destination. So whether you have a sweet or savoury tooth you’ll be satisfied by the crêpes, cakes and moules-frites!
5. If the worry of cabin luggage restrictions weighs heavily on your mind before a family holiday, remove the stress by taking a ferry. You can take everything you need on holiday just by packing up your car – even your surfboards and bikes!
6. Plan around summer events to add another dimension to your trip. A visit to Normandy this summer could include spectating at such events as the Fêtes Guillaume le Conquerant, which runs until December, and the famous Tour de France race as competitors assemble for the Grand Départ, the first weekend of July.
7. Take advantage of the gîtes available for bookings in the Aquitaine area this summer with as little as a 10-minute drive to the Bordeaux Wine Festival in June. Looking for a more family friendly activity? The desirable Loire region is not only home to the country’s most historic chateaux (and the tours that go with them), but other sightseeing attractions such as the Planete Sauvage safari park, too.
8. The varied French countryside means you can enjoy outdoor activities ranging from hiking, biking and kayaking to hot-air balloon rides. You can even try another kind of trail ride altogether – on horseback!
9. Brittany Ferries was voted the Best Family Ferry Operator 2015 by the Family Traveller Awards. Convenience is at the top of their bill, too; you can choose to depart from four ports in the UK and Ireland to a choice of five points in France, so wherever your destination, they offer the most direct routes possible. Click here for their family holidays
10. And on that note, it’s rewarding to know that you’d both be thinking about the environment. By taking a holiday closer to home – and yet a world away – you can take a foreign holiday but not at the cost of air travel on the environment.
With breaks available in France, Spain and Portugal – from private-hire properties to chalet campsites and luxury villas, you can enjoy cutting out the hassle of flights and baggage restrictions with a Brittany Ferries holiday. Apart from the plethora of Europe’s finest destinations on offer, Brittany Ferries regularly offer up to 25% off selected gites and cottages for a large portion of the year – even during high season, so check out their offers.
YouTube: Brittany Ferries
Share to: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email