Why buying in the Champagne region is a decision worth celebrating...and 7 other things we learnt in the March issue of French Property News!
PUBLISHED: 01:00 12 February 2020
Why is a multigenerational move an option well worth considering? Which famous Irish author wrote his final work in a Normandy village? What has changes have been made to capital gains tax rules? The answers are all in the March issue of French Property News, out now!
1. There are many benefits to multigenerational living: a larger budget, practical support, and flexibility to name a few. Find out how to make it work for you in France, on page 24.
2. Are you charmed by the ports of Normandy, the terracotta rooftops of Vaucluse or the historic villages of Lot-et-Garonne? Some of our finest writers were too - follow their literary journeys on page 28.
3. The Normandy department of Calvados is known for far more than its eponymous apple brandy; it's a beautiful place to visit or own a home, with plenty to keep you occupied. Read about it on page 32.
4. Do you dream of a French renovation project? Find out how one couple spent a decade painstakingly turning a historic longère into a stunning home, on page 44.
5. The ancient town of Arles and wild beauty of the Camargue coast offer househunters an authentic taste of town and sea. Explore the area on page 48.
6. You can strike something better than gold in Dom Pérignon territory - discover the tranquil vineyards, pretty towns and inexpensive houses of Champagne on page 62.
7. Renovating a French property can take years, but if you get stuck in and learn from others, it will all be worth it, an expat estate agent reveals on page 66.
8. Changes have been made to capital gains tax rules on both sides of the Channel and many are likely to work in your favour. Find out what our expert has to say, on page 80.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the March issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: a stunning listing of three houses near sought-after Les-Eyzies in Dordogne, on the market with Sifex