Ideally located apartment in the French Alps
- Credit: Archant
This delightful two-bedroom apartment for sale is in a great ski-in, ski-out location in Flaine in the French Alps
Ski Resort of Flaine, 1750-2500m, Northern French Alps (Haute Savoie)
Flaine, located between Geneva and Chamonix Mont-Blanc, sits at the summit of the Grand Massif ski area, one of the largest ski areas in France with in excess of 265 Km of ski runs, with breathtaking views directly across to Mont-Blanc.
This delightful, centrally situated, apartment of 57 square metres has an extremely sunny, south-facing aspect, a sitting room, two bedrooms, a bathroom with separate toilet, and a compact well-equipped kitchen. There is no balcony.
The apartment also benefits from a private, secure ski-room and a cellar at the ground floor level.
The apartment is on the third floor of an elegant, eight-storey building designed by a master of the Bauhaus style, Marcel Breuer, well known for his work which includes the UNESCO Palace in Paris and the Whitney Museum in New York. It has a splendid panoramic view over the main square, the forum, and also over a fascinating collection of outdoor sculptures featuring works by Picasso, Dubuffet, Hanich, Vasarely and Nesjar.
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
Flaine is a functional “ski-in, ski-out” resort, and the apartment is within 100 metres of the slopes, giving immediate ski aux pieds access to the cable cars and ski lifts.
An indoor swimming pool, spar, cinema and shopping mall are also located close by.
In the summer there are very many activities that make the region so appealing throughout the year, which include trekking, glacier ice-climbing, paragliding, trail running, all terrain bicycling or just walking in the spring pastures.
There are regular flights to Geneva Airport and then on by bus to Flaine. Flights from London, Brussels and Amsterdam would each be approximately ninety minutes, followed by a two-hour bus shuttle journey to the resort. Flaine is also connected to the French TGV network.
The apartment is on the market for €295,000 agency fees included
Annual service charges are €3,300
Annual property taxes are €1,850
Contact Sophie Malot
Bureau de Vente - Sale Office, Galerie Marchande Forum, 74300 FLAINE
Tel: +33 (0) 4 50 90 83 91
Mobile : +33 (0) 6 11 43 41 05