11 discoveries about life in France from Living France’s January issue
PUBLISHED: 10:07 18 December 2019 | UPDATED: 11:13 18 December 2019
In the January 2020 issue of Living France we have news series on growing French fruit and vegetables, regional food and drink, and money saving tips for life in France. Plus we have inspiring real life stories and expert articles
1. Côtes-d'Armor is home to historic towns and dramatic coastline
Learn all about Côtes-d'Armor on the north coast of Brittany, including what is like to live there and what kind of properties are available to buy.
2. Learning French could be good for your health
Discover the science behind the benefits of language learning and get some practical advice on how to learn.
3. January sales in France are controlled by law
Find out what else is happening around France this January on our events pages.
4. France is home to some of Europe's best surf spots
Grab your board and take a journey along the Nouvelle-Aquitaine and Brittany coastlines with us.
5. There is a gîte in Dordogne with a vintage fashion museum attached
We speak to owners Vanessa Howard and William McDonald to see what it's like to run the unique business.
6. You can get drinkable sparkling wine for €1.50 in France
In her new series Laura Harley explains how she has embraced a more frugal way of life since moving from Bristol to Limousin.
7. Black truffles first appeared in French cuisine in the 16th century
Our new food and drink columnist Paola Westbeek begins her regional food and drink series with Périgord truffles.
8. Getting to grips with French patisserie is not as difficult as you may think
Hear from a cordon bleu trained pastry chef in Île-de-France about teaching French pastry workshops.
9. The beginning of the year is a good time to think about tomatoes
Sue Bradley begins her new series on the French fruit and vegetable cultivars to plant each month.
10. The Loi Association 1901 allows for two or more people to set up an association in France
Joining a club can be a great way to meet people. If you want to set up your own we have a guide to the rules and regulations.
11. There are a number of options for what to do with your UK pension in France
Our expert feature explores what you can and can't do with your pension so you can make the decision that is right for you.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the January 2020 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!