Villas where no car is required
- Credit: Archant
At Villas du Monde we are seeing a rise in the number of holidaymakers who opt for a villa holiday where no car is required and villa owners are telling us that additional services are required in order to ensure a successful holiday.
A recent example of this was when I visited a property which we have just added to our France portfolio.
The villa Les Mimosas is located in the beautiful French resort of Antibes in the Côte d’Azur. It sleeps up to eight people, has a private swimming pool and costs €3890 per week. The house is situated within walking distance of local shops and restaurants as well as the beach. There is a bus stop nearby with regular services to the centre of Antibes where you can connect to train services which run all along the French Riviera.
Key to the success of staying in this property without a car is the charming English-speaking owner who lives nearby and will take clients to the huge local hypermarket to stock up on groceries, as well as help them organise trips or arrange boat hire etc.
What the owner has understood very well is that the French Riviera is a fabulous place to be, but at the same time, it can be quite an intimidating place to drive around, particularly in July and August. The villa itself is set in a quiet cul-de-sac and has a lovely garden where children can play safely in the pool or on the trampoline or slide. Most of the holiday will be spent relaxing at the house.
For getting out and about and visiting the sights it is in many ways much better to let someone else deal with the hassle of driving and finding the way and the local bus, trams and trains do just that. For many it is so nice simply not to drive on holiday and of course there is the added bonus of saving on the cost of hiring a car which is not needed most of the time.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
We now have a collection of over 30 villas where no car is required in destinations as varied as the French Riviera, Corsica, the Algarve, Costa Blanca and Croatia. We hope that this number will continue to grow as villa owners become more and more aware of the needs of holidaymakers who choose villa holidays where no car is required.
You can view our complete selection of villas here: