Life in the slow lane on France’s waterways
- Credit: Archant
Cruise France’s waterways with CroisiEurope
Advertorial for FRANCE Magazine
In 2013, French river cruise company, CroisiEurope, Europe’s largest river cruise operator has continued to extend its presence on the rivers of France. Recently a second ship, the MS Cyrano de Bergerac, was inaugurated in Bordeaux, while a fourth vessel has been introduced on the Seine River. Currently, CroisiEurope boasts the largest fleet of vessels in France: four vessels on the Seine, two on the Gironde, the Garonne and the Dordogne, three on the Rhone and Saone and a dozen on the Rhine.
In order to offer a wider product range, CroisiEurope has proudly revealed the charms of France’s canals in the Alsace-Lorraine and Burgundy regions on a 12-cabin crewed hotel barge – the MS Jeanine – with departures from Strasbourg and Dijon.
Three further barges will be built this winter to start sailing in April 2014: the MS Madeleine which will cruise on the Alsace Canal from Strasbourg to Lagarde; the MS Anne-Marie in the Provence region with departures from Avignon to Sete; and the MS Raymonde which will operate in the Champagne region from Châlons-en-Champagne to Paris.
In 2014, CroisiEurope will also introduce an all-inclusive drinks policy across its fleet with drinks served with meals and offered at the onboard bar including beer, house wines, mineral water, soft drinks, tea, coffee and regular spirits such as gin, whisky, vodka, etc. (Drinks not included in these packages are premium brand champagne, special wines or fine brandies, which are available for an additional charge). The all-inclusive programme will be offered on all European river cruises between April and October.
- 1 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 2 In the footsteps of Amélie Poulain in Paris
- 3 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 6 My France: Taggart and Two Doors Down actor Alex Norton's love of Languedoc
- 7 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 8 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
- 9 Can you guess which 3 French towns are the best to live in?
- 10 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
CroisiEurope offers a selection of dedicated English speaking departures over the season between April and October.
A seven-day journey, cruise-only prices start from 1,790 Euros per person (approximately 1,500 pounds per person) including accommodation in an outside cabin with all onboard meals, soft drinks, selected alcoholic beverages, onboard entertainment, excursions, use of onboard bicyles and port taxes.
For further information and reservations call CroisiEurope on 0208 3281 281, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.croisieurope.travel/
Special Offer: Save Euro 150 per person on any 2014 hotel barge booking if booked and confirmed by 31 December 2013