British Week in Le Touquet, from 9th-17th October
The first tourist resort in the North of France, Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, also known as Le Touquet, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012. Come and discover the most British of the French resorts!
The first tourist resort in the North of France, Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, also known as Le Touquet, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012. The Roaring Twenties nicknamed it the "Garden of the Channel", the "Pearl of the Opal Coast" and the "Sports Paradise", in reference to its exceptional environment and sports facilities unique in Europe, always managing to combine authenticity and modernity.
Today, its visitors find 365 days per year, a natural heritage and preserved architecture, a varied commercial offer, high quality leisure and relaxation services.
Offering a program among the richest in France with 400 sports and cultural events, Le Touquet continues to adapt to the changing expectations of visitors of all ages and has established itself as a must-see destination.
Come and discover the most British of the French resorts especially in October!
From the 9th to 17th of October this year, Le Touquet -Paris-Plage is organising a week of festivities to celebrate its links with the United Kingdom and to honour its British Visitors. This British Week is placed under the patronage of the British embassy in France.
Hotels, shops, restaurants, associations, municipality, tourist office, and sports centres, all working together to offer a wide variety of activities for all the family: arts, culture, sports, gastronomy, music, history… come and share this momentous occasion!
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 4 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
The programme and special offers from the hotels will be found on our official website and on Facebook.
Click for more information:
Le Touquet is only just over 2 hours from London, and very close to the British coasts.
By Air:The international airport has regular connections with Lydd, Kent (5 flights a week).
By road:Direct access from the A 16 (via the Shuttle and Calais, less than 1h)
By Sea:Regular services between Calais and Dover
By train: Railways station in Etaples, just 5 minutes from le Touquet .Connexion with Calais Fr�thun (Eurostar)