British Week in Le Touquet, from 9th-17th October
The first tourist resort in the North of France, Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, also known as Le Touquet, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012. Come and discover the most British of the French resorts!
The first tourist resort in the North of France, Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, also known as Le Touquet, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012. The Roaring Twenties nicknamed it the "Garden of the Channel", the "Pearl of the Opal Coast" and the "Sports Paradise", in reference to its exceptional environment and sports facilities unique in Europe, always managing to combine authenticity and modernity.
Today, its visitors find 365 days per year, a natural heritage and preserved architecture, a varied commercial offer, high quality leisure and relaxation services.
Offering a program among the richest in France with 400 sports and cultural events, Le Touquet continues to adapt to the changing expectations of visitors of all ages and has established itself as a must-see destination.
Come and discover the most British of the French resorts especially in October!
From the 9th to 17th of October this year, Le Touquet -Paris-Plage is organising a week of festivities to celebrate its links with the United Kingdom and to honour its British Visitors. This British Week is placed under the patronage of the British embassy in France.
Hotels, shops, restaurants, associations, municipality, tourist office, and sports centres, all working together to offer a wide variety of activities for all the family: arts, culture, sports, gastronomy, music, history… come and share this momentous occasion!
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
The programme and special offers from the hotels will be found on our official website and on Facebook.
Click for more information:
Le Touquet is only just over 2 hours from London, and very close to the British coasts.
By Air:The international airport has regular connections with Lydd, Kent (5 flights a week).
By road:Direct access from the A 16 (via the Shuttle and Calais, less than 1h)
By Sea:Regular services between Calais and Dover
By train: Railways station in Etaples, just 5 minutes from le Touquet .Connexion with Calais Fr�thun (Eurostar)