Boulogne-Sur-Mer: The perfect winter wonderland
As the end of the year looms close, a cold, dark winter seems to be setting in. For a cosy winter escape, Boulogne-sur-Mer is alive with many winter festivities to warm the spirit and inspire you to fully embrace the chilly season...
All through the Christmas period, tearooms, caf�s and traditional French salons offer a haven of peace, where you can seek refuge from the hustle-and-bustle of the Christmas street shoppers. Come in for a croissant, a steaming cup of hot chocolate or a traditional pastry.
An Afternoon Treat:
For a delicious alternative to the classic croissant and
, try a Kirsch-based hot chocolate
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
, accompanied by a
, which is a festive sweet brioche with a brown-sugar crust, served warm from the oven. As the temperatures drop,
are a perfect afternoon treat.
A flavourful Boulogne Supper:
Fresh herrings are very easy to find at Boulogne-sur-Mer port. For an easy way to enjoy the fresh fish, they should be grilled, and eaten with a large slice of French bread and some fresh coffee.
If you are unable to cook the fish yourself, there are many regional food shops and stalls where you will find ready prepared herring, either smoked, marinated or pilchard.
Unique Gift Ideas:
If you feel uninspired by the prospect of buying yet another Christmas tie or pair of socks to fill this year’s Christmas stockings, Boulogne-sur-Mer is alive with unique artisan shops and boutiques filled with innovative gift ideas. Why not buy some edible presents, with a large selection of local wine, foie gras and chocolates to chose from.
For more information on a visit to Boulogne-sur-Mer and the Boulonnais region, contact: