A Different Kind of Leisure Park Experience
- Credit: Voir Instructions Spéciales
Futuroscope has some exciting new attraction for 2014
Advertorial for FRANCE Magazine
The only one of its kind in Europe Futuroscope is one of the best-loved leisure parks in France welcoming more than 40 million visitors since it opened. This year Futuroscope was awarded a certificate of excellence by TripAdvisor for consistently receiving high ratings from TripAdvisor travellers.
Situated near Poitiers, Futuroscope owes a large part of its success to its niche position in the leisure industry, bringing together fun and learning, and has some exciting new attractions.
Designed by Aerophile, in association with DVVD architects, the Aerobar lifts 12 lucky guests 115 feet in the air, with drink and snack in hand, to enjoy 12 minutes of spectacular views over the park. Feet dangling from an airship – a truly unique way to drink a glass of champagne!
Dances with Robots remixed by Martin Solveig
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 6 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 7 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
This star attraction has been given a new club beat as 10 23-ft-high robot arms pick up their passengers and perform a series of brand new dance routines to remixes from the famous DJ, in time with breathtaking lighting and special effects.
The Robothespian who welcomes you inside the attraction has been created by the British company Engineered Arts and is also used by NASA to interact with visitors at the Kennedy Space Centre.
Arthur, the 4D adventure
Winner of the coveted award of ‘best attraction’ and directed by Luc Besson, Arthur the 4D adventure takes young visitors into the imaginary world of the Minimoys. An array of image technologies, such as 3D modelling, motion simulators and physical effects, sweep visitors along on a rollercoaster ride of excitement and thrills.
With 60 hectares of tranquil green countryside and 25 original experiences you won’t find anywhere else, Futuroscope is the ideal place to relax in. The spectacular theatres inside the park are gigantic sculptures and their futuristic lines blend in smoothly with the surrounding landscape.
Discovery and thrills are guaranteed for everyone, young and old!
Ideally located near the Atlantic coast, in the Poitou-Charentes region, between the Loire Valley, Vendée, Cognac, La Rochelle and the Dordogne, Futuroscope is only 90 min. from London by plane and 80 min. from Paris by TGV. Direct flights from London to Poitiers and direct flights from Edinburgh to Poitiers (2014 opening period to be confirmed).