19 pictures that sum up why France is a magical place to live and visit
- Credit: Archant
From majestic mountain ranges to Mediterranean beaches, fine food to high fashion is it any wonder so many people love France so much?
1 It is certainly a diverse country! From pretty French villages ...
2 ...To elegant royal châteaux, fit for kings
3 From rolling countryside, which is home to picturesque vineyards and lavender fields...
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
4 …That has inspired some of the world’s great artists (Monet, Degas and Renoir to name a few)…
5 ...To no less than 7 imposing mountain ranges, including the world famous Alps
6 A stunning coastline, a favourite of the rich and famous
7 ...And who can forget Paris?
8 It’s a country for adrenaline junkies too…
9 ...From skiing and mountain biking…
10 ...To climbing and watersports
11 There is something for every outdoor sport lover
12 And, of course, is home to the oldest and most prestigious of all cycling Great Tours and world’s most famous cycling race, the Tour de France
13 While for the cultured there are 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the staggeringly beautiful Palace of Versailles
14 And fashion followers look on in envy at the elegant, chic style of French women
15 France is also the home of champagne - need we say more?
16 Not forgetting other famous wines, including Burgundy and Bordeaux
17 And then there’s the French pâtisseries, who could forget them?
18 Not to mention the cheese…
19 And the restaurants – 27 of which have been awarded three Michelin Stars, including L’Ambroisie in Paris
Voilà pourquoi nous aimons la France