The nursery where Monet bought his famous water lilies...and seven other things we learnt in the October issue of French Property News
PUBLISHED: 13:49 15 September 2020
How many ancient languages are still spoken in France? Which city takes first place for living and working au vert? How has the pound fared durnig the Covid-19 pandemic? The answers are all in the October issue of French Property News, out now!
1. The results are in: find out which five French cities are the best for a rural and eco-conscious lifestyle, on page 26.
2. Ever been in France and heard a snippet of something that didn’t quite sound French? It could have been one of the many ancient regional dialects. Read about them on page 30.
3. You might not know that Lot-et-Garonne is home to the French National Collection of water lilies, but you’ll soon see that it’s also home to some beautiful houses! An agents shares some of her favourites on the market, on page 38.
4. A little sixth-floor flat with views of the Paris skyline turned out to be the perfect home for a former bookseller, on page 44.
5. Life happens when you make other plans, says this couple who found themselves renovating a Nice apartment during a global pandemic, on page 50.
6. If you’re thinking of buying a new property off-plan in France, there are some important steps you’ll need to know about. A lawyer shares his expertise on page 54.
7. What impact has Brexit had on the international removals industry? Find out on page 60.
8. Will the pound rebound after the pandemic? Ou expert has the answers on page 68.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the October issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: A charming four-bedroom property in Deux-Sevres, for sale with Beaux Villages