Why living next to a cemetery can have some advantages...and seven other things we learnt in the August issue of French Property News, out now!
PUBLISHED: 18:13 14 July 2020 | UPDATED: 18:13 14 July 2020
What are the easiest ways to save money in France? How has lockdown affected life across the Channel? Where can I buy a seaside hideaway within a few hours of the UK? The answers are all in the August issue of French Property News, out now!
1. If you are urban by nature but want fresh air and space to stretch your legs, these locations within reach of city lights could be for you. Find out more on page 22.
2. Who doesn’t like saving money? Whether you’re budgeting for a property purchase or just want to cut down your spending in France, turn to page 30 for some tips and tricks.
3. Discover how an artist transformed her Provencal farmhouse into a fun, eclectic but still distinctly French home, on page 32.
4. Many people would be reluctant to live next to a graveyard, but for one expat the floral displays and interesting traditions make for a unique home. Read the story on page 40.
5. Could the beautiful villages, scenic surroundings and fabulous gastronomy of Drôme be for you? Take a look on page 42.
6. For many of those lucky enough to call France home, lockdown has made them appreciate it more than ever – and the statistics show why that is. Find out more on page 50.
7. Searching for a perfect beach bolthole? Get to know the Calvados coastal town of Grandcamp-Maisy, on page 62.
8. Exchange rates were already set to be affected by Brexit, and then Covid came long – but there are several options for protecting your currency transfers to France, which you can learn about on page 72.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the August issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: A riverside cottage in Haute-Vienne with a fascinating history, on the market with Allez-Francais.