How to live off-grid in France…and 7 other things we learnt in the October issue of French Property News: a Frugal France special!
PUBLISHED: 13:26 17 September 2019
Where are the cheapest places to live in France? How can I set up my own French wine estate? What can I buy for €75,000? The answers are all in the October issue of French Property News: Frugal France special, out now!
1. When it comes to furnishing your dream French property you can put away your chequebooks - there are loads of ways to achieve beautiful interiors without splashing the cash, as we find on page 26.
2. It's easy to forget that France isn't bathed in golden sun and warm breezes all year round - and heating a house through harsh winters can be costly. Find out how one couple saves money during the winter months, on page 30.
3. If your heart is set on a move to France but you don't know where to get the most for your money, our handy infographic of the cheapest places to live should help you out, on page 34.
4. There are so many benefits of a bijoux home - you can reduce your bills, carbon footprint, and live in a more expensive area. Find out why small is much more than just beautiful, on page 38.
5. The average French household is charged 50% more for electricity compared to a decade ago. Discover how solar power can not only reduce your carbon footprint but also save your pennies, on page 42.
6. The Cévennes national park is known for its stunning scenery - but did you know that property there is surprisingly affordable? Read about the beautiful villages where houses can cost as little as €20,000, on page 60.
7. In the third part of a series on planning permission, our expert delves into hwo to secure planning permission on a listed building, on page 69.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the October 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: An elegant house with a competitive price in Charente, with Charente Immobilier.